Sunday, January 09, 2011

CIA PAKISTAN murderous Agents

Kareem Khan (L) filed the suit that outed the top CIA agent in Pakistan.

A top CIA operative working in Pakistan fled the country Thursday after he
was named in a lawsuit, a move American officials believe was a deliberate
move made by the ISI, Pakistan's military intelligence agency.

CIA station chief Jonathan Banks was named in the suit filed last November
by Karim Khan, a journalist from North Waziristan. Khan is seeking US$ 500
million from the US after a drone attack killed his son, brother, and
another man in December 2009.

"We are not terrorists, we are common citizens," Khan told a press
conference on November 29.

Anti-American sentiment has been running high in Pakistan because of the
drone attacks.

Pakistani website The News reports the family members of others killed in
drone attacks are interested in joining the suit. Left-leaning thinktank
The New America Foundation claims that between 1,320 to 2,051 people have
been killed by drones since 2004, with roughly three-quarters having been
"described as militants."

Banks was called home Thursday amid "security concerns" after the outing,
reports The UK Guardian. Khan had called for the CIA agent's arrest and

The New York Times is reporting that "some American officials [are]
convinced that the officer's cover was deliberately blown by Pakistan's
military intelligence agency."

According to the Times, "The officials said there is strong suspicion that
operatives of Pakistan's powerful spy service, the Directorate for
Inter-Services Intelligence, had a hand in revealing the C.I.A. officer's
identity - possibly in retaliation for a civil lawsuit filed in Brooklyn
last month implicating the I.S.I. chief in the Mumbai terror attacks of
November 2008. The American officials, who spoke on the condition of
anonymity, did not immediately provide details to support their

If true, this would not be the first time the ISI has covertly attacked
American efforts to fight Al Queda forces in the region. The Pakistani
government blocked a key supply route used by US/NATO convoys last
September 30 because of the drone attacks. At least 150 oil tankers and
trucks carrying non-military supplies were destroyed, and several soldiers
killed, during the nearly two week stand-off that only ended after NATO
chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen, General David Petraeus, and Admiral Mike
Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, each formally apologized
for the raids.

While the attacks were blamed on Al Queda militants, it is believed the
ISI was behind the attacks.

Bookmark and Share
posted by u2r2h at 3:46 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home