War crimes - LEAKED ISRAELI WAR PLANS
Palestinian doctors carry the bodies of children killed by an Israeli tank shell, to the morgue at Shifa hospital in Gaza
Gaza medics describe horror of strike which killed 70
Growing evidence emerged today of the bloodiest single incident of the Gaza conflict when around 70 corpses were found by a Palestinian paramedic near a bombed-out house.
Mohammed Shaheen, a volunteer with Palestinian Red Crescent, was in the first convoy of ambulances to reach the site of the blast in Zeitoun since it was first occupied then shelled by the Israeli army.
His testimony confirmed accounts, first reported in The Telegraph, from survivors of the extended al Samouni clan who said they feared between 60 and 70 family members had been killed.
"Inside the Samouni house I saw about ten bodies and outside another sixty,'' Mr Shaheen said.
"I was not able to count them accurately because there was not much time and we were looking for wounded people.
"We found fifteen people still alive but injured so we took them in the ambulances.
"I could see an Israeli army bulldozer knocking down houses nearby but we ran out of time and the Israeli soldiers started shooting at us.
"We had to leave about eight injured people behind because we could not get to them and it was no longer safe for us to stay.'' Mr Shaheen was in a convoy led by a jeep from the International Committee of the Red Cross that made its way down war-damaged tracks past demolished houses to the town of Zeitoun.
A wounded Palestinian woman waits for treatment at Gaza City's Al-Shifa hospital
Concerns had been growing that Zeitoun had witnessed massive civilian casualties after surviving members of the Samouni clan reached Gaza City three days ago.
They said that after the Israeli army first took the town on Saturday night soldiers had ordered about 100 members of the clan to gather in a single house owned by Wael Samouni around dawn on Sunday.
At 6.35am on Monday the house was repeatedly shelled with appalling loss of civilian life.
A handful of survivors, some wounded, others carrying dead or dying infants, made it on foot to Gaza's main north-south road before they were given lifts to hospital. Three small children were buried in Gaza City that afternoon.
According to the survivors between 60 and 70 family members had been killed by shrapnel and falling masonry.
Convoys of ambulances twice headed to the area to look for wounded but they were driven back by Israeli shooting.
During today's three hour lull in offensive operations by Israel, the ICRC led the rescue convoy in although it took a long time for the convoy to make its way down war-damaged.
According to Mr Shaheen, the death toll was as high as described by the survivors.
January Friday 9 2009 (11h21) :
Israeli Butchers Order 100 Family Members Into House Then Shell It, Killing 70
By Mary Sparrowdancer, 1-8-9
For those who still believe the Israeli lie that they are not targeting civilians, and that if they do target civilians, then those civilians (including infants) must be "terrorists," this is a recount of the butchery displayed by the US-funded Israeli military earlier this week.
According to surviving members of the al-Samouni family, on Sunday of this past week, Israeli soldiers ordered approximately 100 members of the extended al-Samouni family to gather into one single house in the town of Zeitoun near Gaza City. Just after dawn the following morning, knowing that the house was filled with civilians including mothers with infants and children, the Israeli military repeatedly shelled the house, killing approximately 70 members of the family.
As reported in the Telegraph.co.uk, "A handful of survivors, some wounded, others carrying dead or dying infants, made it on foot to Gaza’s main north-south road before they were given lifts to hospital. Three small children were buried in Gaza City that afternoon."
Apparently, medical personnel in convoys led by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) made several attempts to rescue the wounded in the area, but were forced to turn back and retreat after the Israeli military began shooting at them.
In another report, the ICRC accused the Israeli military of "unacceptable" conduct violating international humanitarian laws, after ICRC spent four days attempting to arrange safe access to other bombed-out houses filled with wounded. When finally "allowed" to enter the bombed neighborhoods, in one house they discovered four young children near the bodies of their dead mothers. Having had no food or water in days, the children were too weak to stand.
It was necessary for the children and wounded to be taken to the hospital by donkey cart, because the Israelis had taken time to construct earthen walls that prevented rescue vehicles from reaching the wounded
Palestinian medics carry a wounded boy into a hospital in Gaza City
LEAKED ISRAELI WAR PLANS
"The Israeli generals' plan"
Jane's Foreign Report, 10 July 2001
ON SUNDAY July 9th, the Israeli chief of staff, Brigadier-General Shaul Mofaz, presented to the government an updated plan for an attack by the Israeli armed forces on the Palestinian Authority, to be be launched at the government's discretion. FOREIGN REPORT reveals exclusively what is being planned.
Our well-placed sources in Israel say the army leaders' predecessors, such as the late General Yitzhak Rabin, often rejected a military solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. They insisted that only a negotiated political solution would bring a genuine and lasting peace to the Middle East. Our informants say that the current high command, perhaps reflecting the views of the prime minister, Ariel Sharon, wants the armed forces to play an assertive role. The deputy chief of staff, Brigadier-General Moshe Ya'alon, is the most forceful advocate of the army faction calling for military action to smash the Palestinian Authority. Our informant has seen the executive summary of the generals' updated proposal.
Its title is: The destruction of the Palestinian Authority and disarmament of all [Palestinian] armed forces. The generals envisage a military operation for up to a month. Estimated Israeli casualties would be in their hundreds; Palestinian losses would be in their thousands. By the end of the operation, the generals reckon that the president of the Palestinian Authority, Yasser Arafat, would have left or been forced to leave the West Bank or Gaza Strip. The members of what the generals call the 'Tunis Diaspora' (those leaders of the Palestine Liberation Organisation who arrived with Arafat from Tunis in 1994 after the Oslo peace agreement) would be either dead or out of the area. The 40,000-strong Palestinians armed forces would be disarmed and either dead or held in detention camps.
The Israeli attack, according to the plan, would be launched immediately after the next suicide bomb blast which causes numerous deaths and injuries. The 'revenge' factor is crucial. It would motivate Israeli soldiers to demolish the Palestinians. The motivation of Israeli soldiers is currently very high. The timing of an attack just after a suicide bomb would ensure that morale remained high - and at a vital moment. It would also enable Israeli ambassadors and other officials to claim in talks with foreigners that the military action was a justified retaliation.
The Israeli attack would begin with air raids by the latest F-16 and F-15 jets against all the main installations of the Palestinian Authority in Gaza and Ramallah. The attack would be heavy and might be preceded by a barrage of heavy artillery. Israel would deploy its paratroopers along with infantry and armoured brigades - about 30,000 men or the equivalent of a full army. The Palestinians may run away and that would be that. However, if they fought back seriously, the generals' proposal to the government says that one per cent of the 30,000-strong force, or 300 Israeli soldiers, might be killed.
The army believes that the Palestinian Authority would be smashed. Interestingly, the generals' proposal also says that as a result of international pressure, some kind of peace force will be sent to the area to protect the Palestinians from the Israeli army. However this would take time: when it arrived, it would be faced with a fait accompli.
Citing forecasts by their military intelligence service, the generals doubt that the Syrian, Jordanian and Egyptian armies would go to war with Israel on behalf of the Palestinians. The Egyptian army might send troops into the Sinai, which will force the Israelis to call up the reserves as a protective measure. The Iraqi army may be ordered to enter Jordan and go to the aid of the Palestinians, although these forces would be destroyed by the Israeli air force before reaching the Jordanian border.
©Jane's Information Group 2001
| || |
| || |
English policewoman shot....1984
In 1984, Zionist Jews staged a protest outside the Libyan embassy in London. Approximately 25 English Bobbies were used for crowd control. During the middle of the demonstration, a shot rang out and a female Bobby named Yvonne Fletcher was killed.
The shot came from a building used by the Mossad to spy on the Libyan embassy, but the newspapers overlooked that and blamed Libya.
Israel used this false flag murder of Policewoman Fletcher, to turn world opinion against Libya.
Israel intercepted a ship, the Karin-A, in the Red Sea. The ship contained massive weapons, which Israel claimed were destined for the PLO. A Jewish arms dealer set it all up.
As a result, world opinion turned on the PLO, and Israel's slaughter of rock throwing Arab children wasn't questioned.